I will ask questions about your lifestyle which will include your physical and emotional well-being. Following the consultation I will undertake a specific massage treatment that best suits your needs.
- Yes most massage treatments will require you to get undressed.
- You will be required to keep your underwear on at all times.
- You will have the space and privacy to do so and you will be covered with towels/blanket whilst on the massage couch.
- I will only expose the part of the body that I am working on. At no time at all will your whole body be exposed.
- If you are having reflexology you will need to remove your shoes and socks.
- If you have long hair it would useful if you bring something to tie it up with.
- This is entirely a matter for you in relation to your preferences and the massage can be adapted to suit your requirements.
- For example you might want additional time spent on your back, legs or head.
- Just let the therapist know at the time of the massage.
- It is very important that you let the therapist know if the pressure of the massage feels uncomfortable.
- Depending on the type of massage that you require the pressure can be adjusted to suit your needs.
What do I need to do before massage?
- This depends on the type of day that have had or the type of work that you do.
- If you have had a busy day where you have been rushing around you might feel more relaxed having a shower before your treatment.
- If the weather temperature is warmer this might cause you to perspire more than usual and a soothing/cool shower will help to control your temperature back to normal in preparation for your treatment.
It is advisable not to drink alcohol prior to your appointment.
Yes it is ok to have a light meal a couple of hours before your appointment.
Once the massage treatment is finished and you have got dressed you may experience one or several of the following:
- frequent visits to the toilet
- runny nose/flu symptoms
- conditions may become worse/flare up temporarily before they get better
- change in sleep patterns
- heightened emotional reactions
- These reactions are part of the body's healing process.
- Do not be alarmed as the body prepares to eliminate any toxins and restore balance.
- These reactions are temporary and should clear within 24-48 hours.
In order to aid the healing process and to ensure you gain the maximum benefit from the treatment please ensure that you:
- drink plenty of water - to help flush out the toxins
- reduce your caffeine intake
- reduce/avoid smoking
- avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- eat a light meal
- avoid any strenuous activity
- make time to relax